Travel Guide for Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park
Travel Guide for Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park is among the most rewarding activities that you can choose to take part in for a memorable Congo safari. The activity has gained popularity over the years among the different tourists because the park is the home to the endangered mountain gorillas that can be tracked at a relatively cheap price compared to gorilla trekking in Uganda and gorilla trekking in Rwanda. in order to access the mountain gorillas, you will hike through the forests of mount Mikeno where you will get to the primate species. After accessing the gorilla family, you will spend one hour with the primates observing their feeding patterns, how they co-exist with one another, how they construct their nests for overnight stay among other rewarding features of the primates as you observe the covid -19 standard operating procedures to ensure that you have a safe activity during the time you spend taking part in gorilla trekking and other activities in volcanoes national park. With this travel guide for gorilla trekking in virunga national park , you will be able to know what you should pack for the trip, the rules and regulations to follow during your safari for an amazing experience in the park.
PACKING LIST FOR GORILLA TREKKING
- A face mask is one of the most essential items that should be packed during your gorilla trekking in virunga national park because of the covid-19 global pandemic that has changed during covid-19. It should be noted that during the activity, you cannot access the park premises if you do not have a mask which will help you avoid catching covid-19 therefore always consider carrying the mask to avoid contracting the virus during gorilla trekking.
- A Camera should be packed during gorilla trekking in virunga national park because it will give you the chance to see a number of rewarding views as you hike the virunga mountains you will have the chance to see a number rewarding views of the park and also capture beautiful moments of the primates when you spend one hour with him.
- Perfect hiking shoes which will help you hike through the dense vegetation in order to access the habituated gorilla families. The perfect shoes will give you the advantage of comfortably walking through the thick vegetation.
- Long sleeved trousers and shirts should also be carried to ensure that you avoid being scratched by tree branches and nettles, you will also avoid insect bites which can cause irritation with their insect bites and they can also cause diseases. The park is a home to a number of disease spreading insects like the tsetse flies, mosquitoes among other insects in the park.
- Insect repellent should also be packed to avoid being bitten by a number of disease spreading insects like tsetse flies, mosquitoes, black flies among other insects in the park that can spread diseases.
RULES AND REGULATIONS TO FOLLOW
- Avoid unnecessary noise and movements while in the presence of the gorillas can trigger them as a threat which in a way of getting over it they can attack you and because gorillas are strong species their fights can be brutal and in most cases be fatal.
- You should maintain a distance away from the gorillas because they are highly vulnerable species that can easily contract any disease from human and by this it can be alarming to their sustainability
- While capturing the pictures of the primates, you should switch off the flash mode because the primates are flash sensitive which can lead them to break out in outbursts, they can also attack you as a way of protecting themselves from any threats.
- You should avoid eating in the presence of the gorillas during gorilla trekking in virunga national park because it can attract the primates to eat some of your food and in case tourist have any illnesses or highly contagious diseases, they can easily spread them which can be a threat to their existence.